Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Nothing Up My Sleeve

Another SL Tribune editorial today that I simply cannot let pass. The editorial is titled: "Palin's daughter: The politics of teenage pregnancy." The combined news that a relative unknown like Gov. Palin is chosen as McCain's VP candidate and Gov. Palin's 17-year old daughter is pregnant, planning to keep the child and marry the father is described as "dizzying." It sounds more like "life" to me (except that most of us are not chosen as VP candidates). It is hard to imagine someone that is not affected directly, let alone indirectly, by a teenage, unwed pregnancy. Yet this concept is treated as "dizzying."

I am glad to see a leader like Gov. Palin leading strongly, competently and by positive example. I think a lot of voters are going to be impressed as well.

No comments: