Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Constitution Day

Since today is Constitution Day, it would be a good time to read not only the Constitution itself, but this great speech about the Constitution given by Pres. Ezra Taft Benson. The Constitution is indeed an important document and we need to understand it better so we can defend and preserve it better. I would also recommend Dr. W. Cleon Skousen's book The Making of America as a great source for learning about the Constitution. I should also take a moment and thank Prof. Hugh Hewitt. Despite my mediocre grades in his Constitutional Law class, Prof. Hewitt and Prof. John Eastman (now Dean Eastman, and I got better grades in his First Amendment class) instilled a wonderful curiosity and interest for the Constitution. I consider myself very lucky to have studied the Constitution under both of them. Thank you both.

No comments: