Thursday, September 25, 2008

Case Against Bailout

Here is a great article about why we should not bailout the financial market. I wish I knew enough about economics to really know whether the bailout was a good idea or not. At times like this I tend to fall back on the idea that this is why we have a representative government and I will just have to deal with whatever decision the government officials make. Also, it looks like Congress may actually be agreeing to the bailout anyway, so I will just accept that. In some ways, I am not sure it makes much difference. I have no doubt that bailing out the financial markets will have negative consequences, and I also have no doubt that not bailing out the financial markets will have negative consequences. It is definitely a pick your poison choice. I do tend to doubt that the economy would simply collapse the way so many seem to predict. I do not want to believe the economy is that fragile.

No comments: