Wednesday, March 4, 2009

There Is No Recession

I do not believe there is a recession, and we are certainly not getting close to a Great Depression. I do not believe we have serious economic difficulties because I do not want to believe that our Congress, from top to bottom, would push through so many earmarks and payouts not related to stimulus at a time when the economy was in trouble. I read stories about the amazing amount of earmarks in Congress' latest bill here and here, and how Pres. Obama is going to break a campaign promise and sign a bill full of earmarks, and I just cannot believe that Congress would be so incredibly irresponsible in the midst of a crisis. This is like kicking us when we are down. This is like a professional team running up the score on a JV high school team.

Now that I think about it, I can believe that Congress would do such a thing. Congress is full of a bunch of self-important entitlement idiots (minus a few notable exceptions like Sen. Feingold and Sen. McCain as mentioned in the news reports). I think there is one clear answer: any member of Congress, or the Obama administration, that would insert an earmark into a "stimulus" bill at a time of economic crisis should lose their job as a representative of the people at the very first opportunity. They should be impeached or otherwise removed, or they should be voted out of office. Of course, I will believe that people are actually concerned about this enough to vote them out of office when I see that happen. I will not be holding my breath.

No comments: