Monday, March 16, 2009

Sad But True

Dwayne Horner writes a great article that expresses an idea I have been trying to articulate for a while. Hat tip to Mr. Horner for getting it done, and done well. The point is simple but sad. We as a people are all too willing to give up our freedoms, or exchange our personal responsibilities, for more government and the promise that the government will take care of us. We simply want to out-source management of our lives to something or someone else. And there are those individuals who are all too willing to accept (and abuse) the power given to them. I am not much for doomsayers and Chicken Littles, but I will say that I think we need to really clean house in government. What could possibly be so bad about throwing out every politician we currently have and starting over with someone new and different? The established corruption simply runs too deep. Both parties practice it and they protect each other in practicing it. The bottom line is that I am sick of both Republicans and Democrats. I want government to leave me alone, or at least be reigned back in to the level of power intended by the Founders.

No comments: