Thursday, October 9, 2008

We Can Only Hope

I know I have mentioned before that Congress is the governmental body everyone should be looking at right now, wondering what happened. An email from one of Hugh Hewitt's fans does a great job of detailing who should be held accountable and who should resign or be fired. I also love the part about how quickly members of Congress call for someone else's resignation without turning that analysis on themselves at all. I also hope Hugh Hewitt is correct about the focus and attitude of the country shifting with regard to Congress. I actually would not mind if Sen. Obama became President, as long as both Houses of Congress were over half full of responsible, intelligent individuals. Nothing scares me like Sen. Obama as President and the Democrats (Rep. Pelosi and Sen. Reid) leading both houses of Congress. No matter what the perception, Congress is still the strongest branch of government, as it should be. Unfortunately, I think its 9% approval rating is richly deserved, and I am talking about both Democrats and Republicans.

No comments: