Friday, October 10, 2008

Context of Anger

Rich Galen does a great job of giving context to the anger felt by many Americans, including myself. I am angry that my government is buying and/or bailing out all kinds of financial institutions. I am angry at the incomprehensible amount of greed and corruption present in politics and business. I am simply stunned. Is getting Congress and the government involved in this type of business a bad idea? Yes. But this problem runs so much deeper that it amazes me. Until something is done to address the corruption and greed, nothing, no bail-out bill or not bailing out businesses and mortgages, is going to fix the root problem.

I think too many people are looking at this from the wrong perspective. The financial system is not broken. The political system, or Constitution, is not broken. The problem is that we have way too many corrupt, selfish, short-sighted individuals managing and running programs in both systems. Until that changes, other changes will only be bandages on a wound that will not heal.

No comments: