Thursday, November 6, 2008

The President-Elect's Stock Market

First of all, I have to admit that I am no economics expert and the stock market is a mystery to me. Having said that, I have been trying to watch for indications of how the market would react to the election. I would have to say the articles I have seen are mixed. This article from the Los Angeles Times says something very interesting.

Obama's decisive victory didn't play a part in the market's slide, because it
had long been expected, analysts said. However, the sell-off underscored the
scramble taking place across Wall Street as investors attempt to figure out how
his presidency would affect business and the economy.


So Sen. Obama's victory has nothing to do with the drop in the market, and investors do not know how his presidency will affect business. Could it be that investors are uncertain, or at least not optimistic, about Sen. Obama's presidency and are therefore staying out of the market? The Los Angeles Times would never admit to that.

No comments: