Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Perhaps Ignorance Is Bliss

This link confirms some of my worst fears (H/T Matt Lewis). The lesser of my fears has to do with the way the media protected Sen. Obama during the campaign, down-playing every story that had Sen. Obama in a negative light or may have hurt his campaign. My greater fear is the willful ignorance of so many people. I do not think these people are unintelligent, just uninformed and perhaps uninterested in finding both sides of the story. Sure the media plays a role in that, but if people demanded more facts and wanted to learn more information, they would find a way to do it and the media would respond. I think the proof of that is the incredible popularity of conservative talk radio, and correspondingly conservative television. Fox News is vilified by liberal outlets, but it is also the ratings leader.

No comments: