Friday, February 20, 2009

Pres. Obama's Surge

It has not received must press attention at all, but Pres. Obama has authorized and called for a surge of troops into Afghanistan. I wanted to find a "big name" source to link to for this story, and there may be one somewhere, but it simply was not easy to find. Instead, I have a nice link to a Rockford, Illinois news station story that mentions the surge. The good news is that I also have a commentary on the story by Oliver North. You can read both and decide for yourself which story actually contains some useful information, analysis and reporting.

I cannot help but wonder what all the liberals who were so happy to vote for Pres. Obama think about this surge, or closing Guantanamo (maybe, in a year), or all the other far-left promises made by Pres. Obama that have not come to pass. The liberals I know are incredibly quick to blame Bush for all war-related casualties and problems. They were also very happy Pres. Obama would of course bring an end to war. Now that Pres. Obama is actually increasing U.S. military presence in Afghanistan, I wonder if they are still happy. The press and my liberal friends are relatively silent on this matter.

No comments: