Friday, August 29, 2008

McCain's Choice for VP

I have to admit the Gov. Palin was not who I was thinking, or hoping, Sen. McCain would choose. I had read some of the articles/blogs talking about her as a possibility, but I was leaning a little more toward Gov. Tim Pawlenty or Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison. Having said that, I think Gov. Palin is a great choice. She brings a very interesting dynamic to the race. Her knowledge and experience on the energy issue will be a huge benefit, as will her solid conservative credentials. I also have to say that I do not understand the "down side" arguments. She has not been governor of Alaska for very long, but she has accomplished more in that time than Sen. Obama has with twice as much time in the Senate. Her success governing Alaska is hard to deny, and in such a short time. And I would feel more secure with a woman who knows how to handle a gun as Commander in Chief than I would with a man who seems scared of guns. Perhaps more important to me personally, I will feel more confident voting for Sen. McCain with Gov. Palin as the VP than without.

No comments: